I am a seasoned designer who is passionate about creating delightful user experiences. I understand the value that design brings to a company. I am experienced at working with software engineers and product owners and can quickly communicate effectively and provide value within the team. I lead by being engaged with the team through the entire process and to encourage creative thinking through mentorship.
Kettner & Grape, Photographer/Designer/Owner. 07/2006–Present
- Create branding and marketing packages for clients in a variety of industries.
- Implement brand standards with clients for use in all marketing and design applications.
- Manage and work with a team of contractors for the development of websites and applications to specifications from clients.
- Manage scheduling and hours for photo sessions with both clients and assistants.
- Art direct complex photo shoots for lifestyle and product client sessions.
IPS Group, Inc., Senior Creative Manager. 02/2015–05/2017
- Defined, managed, and maintained the IPS Group brand and style guidelines from the ground up.
- Led the creation and optimization of brand, UX, UI, prototyping, RWD, mobile/app, visual design, user-testing, and demand generation deliverables.
- Led and mentored a team of designers by defining, creating, and managing new marketing, brand, and user experience deliverables.
- Designed, strategized, and led creative (product and marketing) initiatives.
- Redesigned web-based data management and analytics system empowering city workers to evaluate statistics and reporting to manage parking for the large metropolitan areas.
- Developed, conducted and scheduled user surveys, testing, and focus groups to ensure a customer driven solution.
- Defined user personas to effectively design for and communicate with the diverse range of application users.
- Led regular meetings with product stakeholders and engineering to ensure a collaborative and successful solution.
- Designed the iOS and Android mobile applications for both city operations and public use.
Alert Diver Magazine, Art Associate. 04/2011–04/2016
- Created quarterly publication that was distributed to over 50,000 readers.
- Effectively worked virtually with a co-located team.
- Utilized brand guidelines and templates to ensure consistency across article departments and protect the integrity of the design.
Bottlecraft Beer Shop and Tasting Room, Director of Education. 07/2011–04/2014
- Researched all aspects of beer and brewing to ensure an engaging experience for customers.
- Developed lesson plans and taught a wide range of classes focused on beer understanding/ history and pairing, while working with local vendors to create awareness.
- Networked with local breweries and beer icons to have exclusive releases with the shop, as well as cross promote events and set ourselves as the leading experts.
Roambi, Graphic Designer. 10/2012–11/2013
- Created guidelines for marketing collateral to ensure consistency across all channels.
- Designed all mobile app icons coinciding with the release of iOS 7.
- Helped with the redesign of the Roambi website to drive user adoption of the product.
- Led the organization of assets to be used across the company, both internally and externally.
Smashing Designs, Graphic Designer. 05/2007–04/2011
- Directly worked with clients from a variety of industries to develop brand identities, advertising and marketing collateral.
- Product packaging, photography, logo development, brand analysis, competition analysis, designed and developed websites.
- Created a 200 page coffee table book from concept to completion in collaboration with Surfline and Billabong.
- Designed, photographed and ran press checks on product catalogs for multiple clients.
Adobe Creative Suite
Bachelors of Science degree in Advertising — with honors The Art Institute of California – San Diego — class of 2006